- Click on the New Organization link on the Organizations page. You have just started the “draft version” of your organization. No other users can view your organization until you click Publish.
- Create the basic content for your organization page by filling out the description, issue selector,media/video, location, and resources tabs.
- Make your organization page viewable to other users by clicking on Publish on the right side of the page.
How do I invite and get people involved in my organization?
- Promote your InCommons organization page outside of InCommons through established outlets such as organizational newsletters, events and gatherings.
- Click Share this page and publish your organization on various social media sites. Your existing networks on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn? are great places to spread the word about your organization. Include a link to your InCommons page and specific directions on how to participate.
- Send an email outside of InCommons to members of your organization and encourage them to join InCommons and begin to contribute to your page. Again, include a link to your organization page and how people can get involved.
What are some ways to engage people within my organization?
- Once your organization is published, people can begin participating by clicking Join This Organization on the right side of the homepage.
- Anyone can see who has joined the organization by clicking on the Members tab. You can encourage your participants to connect with other members in order to begin building a network around the issue you are addressing.
- InCommons users have the option to “like” your organization and are listed on the Liked By tab of your page.
- Resources can be added for the organization by copying a link, entering text or uploading materials from your computer. You can also link to or upload videos for participants to view.
- Anyone can associate resources to your organization by clicking on the Add Resourcesbutton on the left side of your organization page. When adding the resource, you may associate it with another resource already in the system so others can find your resources when they’re searching for a similar topic. The resources are linked on each user’s personal profile. If necessary, as the organization administrator you can delete resources that are not relevant to your organization to manage the integrity of your intentions.
- By clicking on the Videos tab in your organization, you can see videos that have been shared by or with the organization. (Note that the tab does not appear until you have uploaded your first video.)
- You can likewise visit another organization’s page and – if you feel it is beneficial to that organization – submit your own documents and other supporting materials by clicking Add Resources.
- Click on the Discussions tab to comment, chat, read and share.
- Anyone can create a new discussion. As the administrator of a new organization, you may want to begin by adding a few topics for people to comment on. Be active in helping begin those conversations and in participating in existing discussions.
- All discussions are public. Users can participate in safe, transparent and uncommon conversations about your particular community challenge.